China Taiping Insurance (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (“CTPIS”) values your security and recognises the responsibility in managing your personal data with professionalism and responsibility. We are committed to make the utmost effort to prevent security lapses and protect your data.
Nevertheless, the threat of phishing scams and hacking incidents is eminent. It is important that you are aware of such threats and you remain vigilant. Here are some ways in which you can protect yourself against scams.
Phishing is a way of obtaining personal information such as your bank account no, PIN, one-time passwords (OTP), credit card number, user ID or password, or sensitive personal data through the internet to execute unauthorised transactions.
A phishing attack could come in the form of an official looking email sent to you by someone who is impersonating CTPIS. Such emails typically contain requests for you to click on a suspicious phishing link where will you be asked to provide your personal data or provide your security details (e.g. username / password) on the pretence that security details must be updated or changed for the purposes of gaining access to your personal data / CTPIS account information.
It is important that you should be alert to any emails asking for your personal information. Please see the “CTPIS standard practice” for our practices on contacting customers which can help you identify potential phishing attacks.
Beware of spam emails and never respond to a spam message directly as such emails could contain phishing links / malicious software. Avoid spam emails by using a spam filter in your personal inbox.
You should pay close attention to the URL (website address) of the site you are visiting. You should check that the URL contains a CTPIS domain (i.e. sg.cntaiping.com) to ensure that the website belongs to CTPIS.
You should also check the security of any websites that you use to perform your transactions as follows:
1. The URL should begin with https://
2. The website should have a small padlock like this:
This padlock means that data that is transmitted to and from this site is encrypted. You may click on the padlock icon to see the details of the security certificate.
CTPIS standard practice
CTPIS may contact you from time to time. Here are some ways which will help you to identify which correspondences are from CTPIS and which correspondences are potential phishing attacks:
- Please do not click on any links in SMSes that appears to be sent by China Taiping if it is not sent using our authorized sender IDs. For your information, all SMSes sent by China Taiping will be sent from “Taiping SG”.
- Please do not click on any links in emails that are purportedly sent by China Taiping. Please note that our authorised domains are as follows: sg.cntaiping.com
- Please refer to our corporate website for our authorised hotline numbers under the following link: https://www.sg.cntaiping.com/en/contact-us/get-in-touch.html