· Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for submission to Group and regulators in accordance with group requirements, regulatory requirements, and international financial reporting standards.
· Implement accounting system changes for new financial reporting standards such as IFRS 9 and IFRS 17. Perform user acceptance tests for financial reporting system changes.
· Prepare reconciliations of accounts and disclosures in the financial statements.
· Prepare accounting entries for monthly closing.
· Prepare audit schedules and address audit enquiries promptly.
· Maintain the Chart of Accounts in accordance with financial reporting requirements.
· Document the financial reporting processes and controls, and actively improve the reporting processes to achieve accuracy and timely financial reporting.
· Participates in projects or perform any other work assigned by management.
· Degree in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualification
· Accountant with more than 3 years’ experience in financial reporting role, preferably from insurance or financial services industry, or audit experience with insurance focus from an accounting firm
· Good knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards (FRS) and insurance regulations in Singapore
· Highly motivated, committed, and willing to learn
· Analytical and meticulous
· Ability to work in a dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
· Good attitude, high level of integrity and takes accountability of work
· Takes initiatives to improve and adaptable to embrace changes
· Excellent bilingual communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Oracle Financial System or SAP is advantageous