- In the event of any occurrence which might give rise to a claim under the policy, notice must be given within 14 days of its occurrence.
- Depending on the circumstance of the occurrence, we may, at our discretion appoint a loss adjuster to inspect and assess the loss and would appreciate your full co-operation.
Please submit the claim form together with the following documents immediately after discovery of an incident which may give rise to a claim under the policy.
- Incident Report
- Police Report (if applicable)
- Colour Photographs of damage property and location
- CCTV footage showing circumstances of incident (if applicable)
- Assessment Report from repairer on the cause and extent of the property damage
- Repair / Replacement Quotations / Invoices
- Tenancy and/or Contract Agreement with independent contractor (if applicable)
- Third party claimant's letter of intention to claim, Writ of Summons
Do not admit liability without the written consent of the Company. Please refrain from discussing liability with any third party and submit to us immediately upon receipt of all correspondence from any third party indicating their intention to claim and/or the Writ of Summons for our handling. A legal representative has to be appointed to enter appearance within 8 days upon receipt of the Writ of Summons.
The above gives a brief and generalised summary of the claims procedure and is not an interpretation of the policy terms and conditions. We would advise that the policy schedule, endorsement, policy jacket and/or certificate of insurance should be read in conjunction with the above.
Depending on the circumstances of each case, further investigations may be required and there may be a request for further documents. Assistance may also be sought from the policyholder.