- If you are aware of any circumstance likely to give rise to a claim, please contact our Claims Department. Depending on the situation, a loss adjuster may be appointed to inspect and assess the loss.
- As a policyholder, you would be required to take necessary measures to mitigate any loss or damage
- Please do not dispose off the damage items without our prior approval
- If the loss or damage is caused by an act of housebreaking, theft, malicious damage, vandalism or other criminal acts, you would be required to make a police report and extend your full co-operation to us in securing the conviction of the offender
Please submit the completed Claim Form together with the following documents for claim consideration:
- Photographs of the damaged property
- Original Purchase Receipts / Invoices
- Quotations for repairs or replacement of the damaged property
- Statement of Account showing the amount of loss
- Police Report(s)
The above gives a brief and generalised summary of the claims procedure and is not an interpretation of the policy terms and conditions. We would advise that the policy schedule, endorsement, policy jacket and/or certificate of insurance should be read in conjunction with the above.
Depending on the circumstances of each case, further investigations may be required and there may be a request for further documents. Assistance may also be sought from the policyholder.