Our Group Hospital & Surgical insurance covers the following aspects:
- Inpatient Hospitalisation Benefits
- Pre-hospitalisation Benefits
- Post-hospitalisation Benefits
- Emergency Benefits
- Additional Benefits : Professional Fees/Services(per disability)
Who is eligible for coverage?
Your full-time, permanent and actively at-work employees including contract term employee, aged between 18 years and 60 years (inclusive), renewable up to age 65 years. Dependants of employees are also eligible for coverage, provided the employees are insured under the same policy:
- Spouse of your employees, at policy commencement date or at policy renewal, who is aged between 18 years and 60 years (inclusive), renewable up age 65 years.
- Unmarried or unemployed child of your employees who are between the ages of 15 days and 18years (inclusive) at policy commencement date or at policy renewal.
- Unmarried or unemployed child of your employees who are between the ages of 19 years and 25 years (inclusive) at policy commencement date or at policy renewal if he or she is enrolled in an educational institution on full-time higher education, (and not in full-time national service).
What are the plan options available for Hospital & Surgical Insurance?
We have 4 different plans namely:
- Bronze (Annual Policy Limit $75,000),
- Silver (Annual Policy Limit $100,000),
- Gold (Annual Policy Limit $150,000) &
- Titanium (Annual Policy Limit $180,000- As Charged) cater to suit your needs.
What is the minimum eligible group size to be covered under Hospital & Surgical Insurance?
There is no minimum group size to be covered under Hospital & Surgical Insurance.
Will I be covered for any pre-existing conditions?
It is permanently excluded under this Policy.
What is Specified Illness ? Is is covered under this Policy?
Specified Illness refer to Stones in the urinary and billary systems, Hypertension or cardio-vascular diseases, Cataracts, All internal tumour/cysts/nodules/polyps of any kind; breast lump, Nasal conditions requiring surgery, Haemorrhoids, Gastric and duodenal ulcers, Endometriosis.
Specified Illness will only be covered after 12 month continuous cover by the Insured Person under this Policy.
Is there any restriction on ward access?
There is no restriction on ward access; the Insured had an option to choose between government restructured hospital and private hospital. However, Co-insurance of 20% is applicable for treatment at Private Hospital.
Does the policy imposed any waiting period?
Yes there is a 30 days waiting period after the Insured person is first covered under this policy except for accidental injury in which the cover shall commenced immediately.
Is hospitalisation required in order to make a claim under the policy?
Yes and it must be for continuous period of at least 6 hours for purposes of treatment or Surgery for which the hospital levies a room and board charge.
Does policy offer world wide cover?
Policy covers an Insured Person in his/her country of residence and also while he/she is outside his/her country of residence for period not exceeding ninety (90) consecutive days and limited to the charges equivalent in Singapore Government Restructured Hospital. However, there is no restriction for Emergency Treatment and covered up to the benefit limit stated in your policy schedule.
Questions Relating to other Products?
Visit our FAQ section.